Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Monday Mornings...

So here goes...

The weekends are always TOO short, and as always I dread Monday mornings. This week, Monday hit me like a storm and ALMOST took me out.

5:30 AM- Dan had an early early morning job so he was up, he looks out the window in the kitchen "Oh crap!" I of course panic in the bed and get up. We had 2 inches of snow that we had NO idea was coming (yes- we are the idiots that watch football or TiVo-ed things at night as opposed to the news...)

I had to move my car for Dan to get the work van out (he would have done it, but I was up anyway) so I just decided to shovel. The snow just kept coming down, so I had no idea when it may stop. After 40 minutes of shoveling & spreading salt (thinking how strange it must look for a pregnant woman to be doing this in her sweats at 5:45 AM), I decided I should put the lawn mower to the back of the garage and move our new snowblower out, so it is easily accessible for Dan when he came home from work. I decided that we should make sure it is all ready with oil and gas, so I found the instruction manual and did a little light reading. 1 hour later I was in the shower, and after all of that was only 5 minutes late for work.


Sadly, it stopped snowing and the sun came out. The snow pretty much melted, so my 1 hour + of hard work was not all that necessary. Kind of a let down.

THEN- to make it better... One of my friends at work stopped in my classroom to chat. She tells me she can see the baby (pretty much anyone can by now) and asks if I have put on some weight. WELL, OF COURSE I HAVE!!! I kindly joke back that my belly is a little bigger than usual. She then proceeds to question if I have put on weight other places, I said "Yeah, I'm sure my butt is a little bigger" She then points out my face is a little rounder, maybe my thighs, etc. I kindly ended the conversation and went on with my day. Who tells a pregnant woman she is fat all over????

I am NOT looking for compliments here, but I thought this would be a good lead in to show you that I am not all that fat, but I am showing. I went to the doctor last week (27 weeks) and I am measuring 26 1/2 cm (that's 1/2 of a cm smaller than the books estimate at this point. That's not a totally accurate estimate but it made me feel good I wasn't like 30+ cm!)***October 30th, 24 weeks (I think)******This picture is 27 weeks, All maternity clothes just because they are SO COMFORTABLE!***

I survived the Monday and the Tuesday & Wednesday and thank goodness it is a long 4 day weekend! I so needed it! :)

Have a great Thanksgiving Day!






3 comments:

Diane said...

First of all, you're NOT fat.
Second, BE careful shoveling. Don't lift too much.
Third, you're NOT fat. I think you look great and can't wait to come up there for Christmas and see you.

Darcy said...

You are adorable! Tell the work lady to shut her pie hole!!!

Cami and Juan said...

You are looking skinny to me. I love your showing belly. No more good deeds from you, especially when it comes to heavy lifting out in the cold! Milk that pregnant woman thing for all it's worth.