Thursday, April 7, 2011

It's still "All About Jack"

I was talking to a friend last week, and she brought something to my attention that made me think...
She said "Isn't it funny how when you had your first baby it's all about him (Jack) and now, when you have a second baby, it is all about baby number 1 still."

That is so true! For weeks before Nora joined our family I was stressing about Jack while we were in the hospital- would he be happy, enjoy time with Grandma and Grandpa, would he want to come to the hospital to see us or would that make it worse. How would things go once we were home? Would he love Nora, ignore her, be angry, act out, etc. The normal things parents think about as they prepare for baby #2.

Well- I think Jack has done ok. And it was almost all about Jack the past couple weeks. Thank goodness for Grandmas & Grandpas who have helped get Jack out while I have tried to keep Nora in the house.

Grandma Cindy took Jack to meet up with his cousins at the Jelly Belly Factory. He still asks "Grandma's car, train ride." It's very cute. He loved it obviously!

Monkey Joes with Grandma & Papa Boston. The big slide was a HIT!

The Children's Museum. Jack loved playing with all of the other kids and especially loved the train. Thank you Grandma Cindy for watching Nora in her stroller so I could enjoy this outing too!

This is how Nora spends most of her time (and how I would like to enjoy most of my time.)

A friend of ours brought over a delicious meal and a Happy Birthday Nora cake. (She made one for Jack when he was a baby too!) Obviously, Jack got to enjoy all of the excitement of the cake too!
And finally, one of our many changes we've been putting off. Jack has been LOVING his new bed with his Mickey Mouse blanket (from when I was a kid.)

A little attention to our baby Nora. Michelle took some great pictures of her while we played at Grandma & Papa's house. These are un-edited and just a little sneak peak. She is beautiful and Michelle did a great job!


This is a cute sun-dress my friend made for Nora. The package was tucked in our door when we got home from the hospital. It was very sweet. Now for the warm weather!

1 comment:

emily j said...

I love that look on her face in the last pic! So cute!