Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Nauvoo VACATION

AUGUST 3-5  While Dan was away in Seattle (for a friend's wedding) The kids and I took a trip to Nauvoo with my parents, Manda and Baby Easton.  I love going to Nauvoo- we love the temple (where Dan and I were married) and we've been there so many times that we've seen it all.  That way I don't feel stressed to go see everything- we just do what we want to, relax, and enjoy being together.

We saw the pageant (Nora and i walked most of it, she was so tired and hot so sadly we missed most of it) and our good friends the Larsen's.  
 Manda treated us to custard.  The kids loved the late night treat!
 The kids took a ride in a handcart, with Papa Russ. 

We got these tasty treats at the Fudge Factory!  The kids loved them, and I managed to sneak a couple bites of Nora's. 


Our standard picture in front of the temple before we headed home.
 And Jack wanting to go into the temple- sorry, you're too young.  When you're 12!  (And he always responds with "I don't want to be bigger!") 
 Not to forget- we saw the temple late at night with the lights on it, I got to go for a run all by myself, my dad, Manda and I ran together (that was super fun!) and we saw our friend Cami Larsen perform in the pageant and a little theater/production on the side.  It was fabulous- all of it!

We sure love going to Nauvoo. We missed our Dad, but I am sure he will make the trip with us next year!

No comments: