Monday, June 2, 2008

What to do with empty space...

As summer neared, I was thinking of all of these great things we could do with our little back porch. I finally decided we should invest in a nice storage bench so we could store all of our lawn mowing shoes, odds & ends, sporting equipment, and have a place to sit if we needed. That was the day I came home and Dan had bought me something thoughtful.

He went to Lowe's a couple days before for some work stuff and saw this swinging chair. He took the measurements, came home and measured between our two doors, decided it would fit with both doors open, and then went back and bought it. He even set it up on his Sunday afternoon while I was at a presidency meeting (I think I even told the ladies at the meeting he was probably home playing video games... way to give him credit.)

Well, this is my favorite way to spend just a couple minutes of down time. Last night we read the newspaper together and just talked. It was just cooling down from a warm day and it was SO relaxing.

Sometimes Dan's ideas turn out to be my favorite things. And the tennis shoes and other crap that gets left out- oh well!




4 comments:

Brittany and Scott said...

i found you, via michelle's blog and you were so wrong, you do have things to blog about. love the swing, your dan has got to be a keeper. are you done with school yet?

lindsy said...

what a fun surprise! I'll have to show this post to Ben now =)

michelle said...

I think Dan gets major points for the swing, WAY TO GO DAN! Oh, and we're SO HAPPY you have a blog!! We're back at it too.

Lofgrens said...

How fun! I love swinging chairs. And how fun is it to spend time with Dan on it just talking and reading and watching the stars... I am so proud of Dan - what a great surprise!