Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It's all Baby...

I am officially 17 weeks tomorrow! Very exciting, but the baby bump/extra rolls around the midsection- not so exciting. It just kind of appeared in the last week. I don't show much when I'm wearing normal clothes, but the SPANDEX yoga pants can give you an accurate picture.I am experiencing some minor aches, particularly when I have a rough night of sleep. I attribute it to round ligament pains. Basically "Everything is growing, the ligaments are stretching." You've got to love hearing that all the time. :)

I decided the Wii Fit board and I would be friends again, 3-4 times a week. I keep reading that a little light exercise will give me energy, maybe even relieve some of the lower back pain. It worked on Monday, let's see if it will work tomorrow. We have a date 5:30 AM.

As for Dan. He is getting excited, he may not admit it but he is excited. He has even started to give me a little bit of sympathy. "What can I do to help?" is his common request as I am whining myself to sleep. He is always there to give a little back rub, turn the TV down way low at night (so it's almost on mute), and has been very good to give me a little extra space on the bed so I can be more comfortable.

We go to the doctor next week and will schedule the big ULTRASOUND then. I can't wait to find out the sex of the baby. For some reason, I think we are having a girl, but Dan tells me that's just because I want a girl. A lot of our friends are having boys, so my rational is "They must be running out of boys." Dan doesn't think it works like that. We shall see...

9 comments:

lindsy said...

That is so exciting! You have a cute little bump =) Can't wait to hear what you're having!!

Natalie Francis said...

Aren't you just the cutest little pregnant mommy! I can't wait to until you find out what you're having. Keep us posted!

Brittany and Scott said...

what rolls are you talking about, you look so tiny!!!

The Moyers said...

Where's the bump?? You look great! I can't wait to hear what you're having!

emily j said...

Yeah, I have a bigger "bump" than that and I'm not even pregnant....ugh....but seriously your little baby belly is so cute...

H. said...

I can't wait to hear what you are having!!

Jen I said...

Um, all I know is you actually look really skinny in that picture. Wish it were me!

Diane said...

I think you look great :)

michelle said...

Where is the baby? I think you just swallowed a baseball! (although I voted girl- sorry Dan!)