Friday, September 5, 2008

The perfect picture...


I was at the local "Home Depot" getting some keys made & some other odds and ends, AND I saw the most beautiful thing. A yellow butterfly, the size of my hand. BUT, it was stuck in the corner of the front window. I was in a hurry, like I always am, and decided to take a moment to "smell the roses." So, I watched the butterfly for at least a minute, it was really trying to break free but it was STUCK. I decided I would take a picture and then set it free (because I have seen on the discovery channel how to hold a butterfly without hurting it's wings-so I am a pro.)

HOWEVER... THE OPPORTUNITY PASSED!!! Our camera from time to time says "Memory Card Error" and I start and restart the camera at least 10 times until it does not have the error message. This has been going as long as I can remember, it is just totally random and has NOTHING to do with the memory card. I had tried everything.

So here I am, standing by the carts at "Home Depot" watching this butterfly, starting and restarting my camera for at least 10 minutes. It still says "Memory Card Error." Finally, I GIVE UP! I was so angry I decided to just save the butterfly, which did not cooperate, so I finally just left.

Yes, I am fully aware that I am the idiot. However, I irrationally tell Dan that I am buying a new camera and he kindly says "Did you ever call the company?" (This is usually my role in the relationship- calling to solve problems, get things for free, calmly discussing with businesses how they have let me down as the customer.) He got them on the phone, the company said to send the camera in for free and they would fix it! This camera is 5 years old! I was amazed. Plus they said they would fix the memory card door that I had taped shut since I dropped it in NC in January. I was pretty impressed!

So... long story short... Our camera was in the shop until this week. Sorry for the lack of posts. The camera came back today and I could not be happier, it's like a brand new camera!


Here is the picture I should have taken, if we didn't have a reject camera... You'll just have to imagine the Home Depot Window behind it. :)


3 comments:

Natalie Francis said...

You must have a nice camera for them to fix it for free. Nice work! I'm usually the one that ends up on the phone to fix problems (ie: our internet connection). I guess it just works that way. Good work on your attempt at saving the butterfly!

The Moyers said...

So sorry to hear about the camera. I'm so glad that you "found" me through Natalie's blog. Congratulations on the pregnancy...I'm hope that you're feeling well! I look forward to peeking in on you!

Marci said...

You're so funny! Maybe it's the hormones causing you to pity sweet little insects. And I blame pregnancy brain on your not calling the company earlier on the camera. Let's get together again soon, it was fun seeing you guys.