Sunday, October 5, 2008

Surprise! Utah Part 2

Like I mentioned... We went to Los Hermanos on Tuesday for lunch and when I talked to my friend Susan that night she asked if I would be up for Los Hermanos on Thursday when we hung out (we had a busy day planned... maternity massages, shopping, afternoon naps as we watched "Jon and Kate Plus 8" and out to dinner.)
The answer... Of Course!

I should have been just a little suspicious. It's a good thing the baby seems to be "sucking my brains out" and it went right over my head!Manda and Susan planned a surprise shower for me and the baby! They sent invites out the week before and we all met at Los Hermanos in Pleasant Grove/Lindon Utah. (A couple friends couldn't make it-they live too far away.) Susan, Me, Miriam, Manda and Aimee were all there and we enjoyed DELICIOUS food, UNLIMITED salsa and chips and some frozen, non-alcoholic drinks! I LOVE!

Our little man got some new things, some of his only things since I mostly had girl things I had picked up along the way. He got a BYU hat, hooded towel, picture frame, a picture frame for the fridge, and a gift card. For me-cinnamon bears and a Willow Tree statue. It was great!

I should have picked up on the surprise... I called my friend Kristen who lives in Logan on Monday night, 10 PM her time and asked if I could come visit her Tuesday night late. When we got there, she had a little sweat suit for the baby all wrapped up! It had Music notes & and guitar on it, I told Dan it is the Baby's Guitar Hero Outfit. Luckily I am not that bright...
It was really great to visit Kristen and Jake and see their apartment! They got married in May, and of course we missed the wedding but I'm so glad they are still in Utah so I can visit! (Kristen and I were roommates in college.)

Also, we visited our friends the Larsen's in Centerville. This is our family away from home, always giving us a place to hang out for the weekends, a Sunday meal, and even filled in for my mom when she couldn't be there (like when I had my kidney stone removed- she came to the hospital when I woke up and then took me out to Cafe Rio for Lunch.)
Kris made our Little Man a hooded towel with sports balls on it. It is great because it will fit him as he gets a little bigger. We visited with her and Wayne and then watched movies on their projector. What a nice RELAXING night!
Dan went Frisbee golfing in the morning and Kris and I just hung out and talked. It was great!

Luckily I packed a 15 lb. tool set from my Dad for Miriam, so I had room to pack all of the extra things we were given (and the things I bought along the way.) We had a great trip!

*** I think I still need to post all of the great things Dan did while he was in Utah... That will be next!***

4 comments:

emily j said...

I was organizing my closet the other day and came across a few baby boy things that I had bought for you a few months ago JUST IN CASE YOU HAD A BOY! Hearing about your baby shower in Utah made me excited to give them to you :)

Cami and Juan said...

I'm so glad you had fun at Los Hermanos! So sorry I couldn't make it, Julaine was in town and I was busy being hostess. Congratulations and I'm so glad you're having a boy!!!

kris said...

I'm glad it was fun! Sorry I couldn't come to the shower, but thank you so much for coming to visit us!

H. said...

All that Mexican food sounds so good--gosh I'm jealous!! Los Hermanos, Cafe Rio...Mmmm!