Thursday, January 15, 2009

The perks of being pregnant...

I beginning to realize that I have been fairly low maintenance (comparatively) for being pregnant. I am still up and about, doing most everything for myself. I do dishes, do laundry, take 3-4 trips from the car to unload groceries. Whatever I need done, I do it. Not because Dan won't, but because I still feel good and can, why not?

From time to time, I don't mind using the excuse "I'm pregnant."
Here's the latest...



I think Dan benefitted just as equally... Also, we did share a really delicious piece of carrot cake at the restraunt that night. The waiter brought it out, drizzled in caramel with great cream cheese frosting on it. It was so BIG, I can't even describe how good it looked. Then, the waiter served Dan his half. I'm sure we are no one special, but I like to think we got an extra large piece because I am pregnant.
I'm sure no one thought it was odd when the pregnant lady grabbed a handful of mints on the way out the door either. :)

Only 5 weeks left... any suggestions on what else I can get away with?

4 comments:

kris said...

That's awesome! I hope you are doing well.

Jen I said...

They probably did give you a bigger piece! I laugh at how much people think pregnant ladies need to eat. I was on a plane once and we got those little boxed meals. I had a few people around me offer me theirs too. Now show some more real pictures of you pregnant!

H. said...

Nice! I love the close parking deal. So where did you go for the cake? Sounds so good!

Diane said...

use "I'm pregnant" all you can and stay warm and safe in all that snow.