Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Anniversary...



Well... I decided I should take a break from the pictures and the updates of getting things done, and the great things that I get away with because I'm pregnant and talk about why I am so happy in life. Today is Dan and my anniversary! We have been married for 4 years and it has been wonderful! We have a house, good jobs, good family, good friends, we are both healthy, and of course the baby on the way that we are both very excited about.

As I lay in bed WIDE AWAKE from 3-5 AM this morning, I thought of all of the great things about Dan and why I am so lucky to have him as my husband. Of course there are all of the little reasons, the obvious ones, but one of the greatest things about Dan is that he makes me laugh. Every day has new surprises, he comes up with something unexpected that I cannot help smiling and laughing about. One day we may get old & ugly, but he will always make me laugh-we'll always have that.

One of my favorites: A couple months ago, we are sitting in church and Dan turns to me and says "I think I am going to be Santa Claus when I grow up." (Little did I know that was an option...) With a confused look, I asked him why. He said "Because all of the little kids like me and smile at me. They know."
With a smile, I chuckle and return my focus to the meeting. My eyes wander, and sure enough, the little kids' eyes wander over to Dan at some point in time. Maybe because he is funny looking, but maybe... just maybe... he will be Santa.

6 comments:

Titensor Family said...

what are you doing blogging in the middle of the night? I can't blame you though. I lay awake in bed and am just too lazy to get out and do something!! Good post...dan as santa clause...i could see it.

Brittany and Scott said...

4 years!! holy cow time flies, it feels like just yesterday i was down in navoo for the big day.

kris said...

congrats- that's awesome.

Darcy said...

Wow 4 years has flown by! Can't wait to meet your little guy and see you guys with a baby!

Jen I said...

That's hilarious. I'm rooting for you Dan. But it's a lot of responsibility. My neighbor's dad REALLY does look like Santa and every time he goes to the store he asks his son-in-law or someone else to buy beer for him - because all the kids really think he's Santa and Santa can't be buying beer, you know. Good thing you don't buy beer. But maybe Santa shouldn't pass so much gas...???

H. said...

What a great blog post! Happy Anniversary (late).