Monday, July 20, 2009

A Day Off...

Fridays are my day off! I sleep in (well until Jack wakes me up) and then Jack and I get to play. That is until our day begins...

Run some errands
(Pick up mini-van for our weekend trip, target, grocery store)
Come home and get ready for the day

Lunch with friends

One last errand
(Sam's club)
Pack for our weekend
Dinner at home (Rocky Rococo's Pizza)

Games with friends


That was the plan, until...

I'm driving home from target- I'm stopped at a red light and I get rear ended by the car behind me! I got out to check out what happened, the driver behind me starts asking me what he should do- he is 16 and just got his license. I told him we had to call the police.

Well we're in Milwaukee so we had to just pull over and exchange info. We pull into Walgreens, but he doesn't want anything on his record so he wouldn't give me his info. After talking to his dad, he decides to pull away. So- here I stand with a crying baby, a scratched bumper, and a license plate number & car make and model.



2 1/2 hours later the police report is filed. (While we waited, I called Jack's doctor, called my dad, called the shop... I was VERY productive. Jack was pretty happy too!) Luckily no one was hurt- I was a little sore, and Jack seemed just fine.

I decided we still deserved some fun for a Friday off and headed off to a very LATE lunch.

This is my favorite video to date- all after a very long morning. Jack is quite the trooper!



They tracked down the boy (& his dad) and they came into the police station the next day. Sounds like the car will get fixed and it will be all over!

3 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

Good job getting the license plate number! I can only imagine how scared that kid was, but he decided to drive away! Hello!

The Gray Gang said...

What a big fat bummer! I'm sorry! I hope you guys had fun, missed you on Sunday!

Georgia said...

I love this video too. His little laugh is like tinkling stars so sweet.