Sunday, July 5, 2009

A weekend of firsts...

Happy 4th of July!


We had a busy weekend. Friday night was Dan & my first date-night out, Grandma & Grandpa watched Jack so Dan and I could go see the movie The Proposal. I LOVED IT! Dan only liked it, but did not complain at all. It was really nice to go out and just relax. :)

Saturday Dan went fishing early, but met up with Jack and me for our first 4th of July Parade. Jack was pretty much in awe- just taking everything in. We especially enjoyed his reaction to the rifles shooting.



We had a cookout and then Jack went for his first boat ride on Grandpa Russ's Boat. This was not his favorite part of the day- I think it was the life jacket.


We anchored in a cove and the Dan's went swimming. I let Jack take off the life jacket- this is how happy he was then.


Maybe better next time. :)
(He also got his first mosquito bite, I killed the bug but it smeared blood on baby Jack so I assume he got bit. However, it did not swell at all and he just has a little red dot where the mosquito was. Maybe he takes after his mom and isn't allergic to mosquito bites.)

And since we were all into trying new things, we decided to try rice cereal tonight. This is not the first bite (we have that on video too) but this video is much better.
I'm not quite sure if we will start it permanently, but Dr. Dan said that we could try it for entertainment if we wanted. :)

2 comments:

Julaine said...

You guys were busy, with lots of fun things!! It's always great to get out just the two of you. Jack looks like a little boy in the life jacket not a baby. He did so good eating and was clean while eating it too!

Brittany and Scott said...

maralee. . . . i just can't wait to meet jack. it sounds like you had a fun 4th, lots better than moving.