Friday, August 14, 2009

Things are looking up...

There's an old song from the Musical "Crazy for you," Well, I've got it in my head...

Things are looking up

I've been looking the landscape over

And it's covered with 4 leaf clover

Oh things are looking up

Since love looked up at me.

This post has nothing to do with love, but I seem to be singing the song because I have been dealing with a lot of CRAP lately. I am just exhausted from dealing with stupid people, taking care of odds and ends that seem so unnecessary and out of my control, and not my fault (REALLY, not my fault!)

The little car accident I was in a couple weeks ago, that was not my fault and I could not prevent (besides not being there, stopped at a red light) is finally figuring some little things out. After dealing with the dad of the boy, they finally decided that they would go through insurance.
I got the police report FINALLY last Friday, after an error on the officer's part, and it was completely inaccurate and the "child" got 0 tickets!!! The officer is out of town til next Monday, so he will be glad to hear from me Monday morning, 8 AM.

BUT for the good news: The insurance company is finally letting us file a claim (one thing off my list) and they are giving me a random $150 for my whiplash injury (which is minor and a doctor friend said would probably go away within 6 weeks so I don't really plan to go to the dr.) Now, this $ will cover a copay/visit if I choose to go, plus if something is really wrong they will still pay for it. If I don't go to the Dr. it is just an extra $150 for my "pain and suffering" I guess. PLUS, I'm going to get a new carseat out of the deal.

I'm sure you don't really care about all of the other jazz I have to deal with in addition to going to work, taking care of a baby, and all of the regular routine things, but I am feeling much better after a day of play!



We went swimming with some friends, and there was a 6 inch kiddie pool. We just sat and played for a long while, Jack was even a little raisiny. :)
Thank goodness for great weather, and wonderful friends!

(And when we came home we had a new musical star for Jack's playmat, in the mail, and a hand-delivered invitation to a very special birthday party next weekend! Sorry we were gone, I would have loved to hang out/chat with that friend as well!)

2 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

He looks so cute in his little sunglasses. Love it!

Julaine said...

I love those sunglasses and he has a "I'm cool" expression! I hope everything with the accident is turning out better.