Wednesday, December 16, 2009

15 min. to VICTORY!

2:00 Jack's daycare teacher comes to my classroom to tell me I have a flat tire.
2:30-3:00 Parents come for our school program
3:00-3:30 Santa visits, parent chaos, everything a busy school day brings

3:30 I go out to my car and it is flat, I get to work...

3:42 My friend Betsy comes out to check how I am doing. I tell her that I can't talk, I only have 3 more minutes to get this done. (She thinks I am crazy, always on the go, go, go. Who says they can only spent 15 min. on changing a flat tire. I am pretty sure that once you're into the project you have to finish, no matter how long it takes.)

3:44 I AM DONE! BMueller (who knows how to change flats too- her husband is a car guy) encourages me to tighten the bolts one more time and I am done.


An old student came to see his sister in her program and waves hello from across the parking lot, Betsy tells them that I just changed my tire all by myself, the mom says "oh, we assumed you were like trying on shoes!" The dad comes over to help but already got it. He makes the joke "15 minutes, it takes me 15 min. to stop swearing." They were pretty impressed.

I took the car right to my dad's shop and Dave in the office was impressed too! I don't get the "I am good" feeling too often, but I felt like I deserved it today. I did it all on my own, and under 15 min!

I just wanted to share my victory today! If you don't know how to change a flat, I will happily teach you- it is so EASY! ANYONE can do it!

I know of 2 silly things I did, so I definitely could cut 5 more minutes. Hopefully I won't have to do it again for a while, but next time I know to aim for under 10 minutes.

I promise I will post pictures in the next post- soon! I've got some good ones.

3 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

You rock the house! That is awesome!

kris said...

way to go!! I definitely couldn't have done that!

Brittany and Scott said...

you the woman!!! 14 minutes is way impressive. i would probably take me that long to call AAA because i wouldn't have a clue where to start to change a tire.