Thursday, September 2, 2010

Change is good...

I am an unemployed stay at home mom. I was laid off on Tuesday, being told that it was my last day due to low enrollment at my school. I was a little shocked, I didn't think that the day would ever come but I am very excited for what the future holds. Will I have my own classroom again and teach? Will I stay at home with Jack (and maybe brothers or sisters in the future), or something in between? I know I can make any of those options work for ME & my family, but what is it that I truly want? That's the biggest question now! But for now, I am home and loving it!

This is Jack and me relaxing after a busy day- Jack's last day of daycare and packing up my classroom for me! We were EXHAUSTED! (And not a great picture for either of us.)

My things in my classroom-right before the big tear down. I was a little sad packing things up, but my mom was there to help!

2 1/2 hours later-My things in the van (We probably would have been smart to take the 15 passenger van over the mini-van. Things were tight!)


And everything in my living room after unloading this morning. I started sorting/repacking and then decided to just move it all to the basement so I can take my time. It will be quite a project when I TACKLE it officially!

Here is our little monster. We went to WI Dells over the weekend. We stayed in a hotel with a small waterpark and went to Mt. Olympus Waterpark, so we swam and swam and swam. Unfortunately we took very few pictures. This is one of our only- Jack eating grapes! YES, he eats a FRUIT now!!! Now to tackle other delicious fruits! (I know vegetables are a long shot- one day.)

6 comments:

The Gray Gang said...

I'm happy for you Maralee. I hope you enjoy your extra time with Jack!

kris said...

I hope you get some time to relax, although I am sorry about the unexpectedness of it all. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life, so you are way ahead of me!

Cami and Juan said...

I like your attitude. Enjoy the time at home and then figure out what you want/need to do later. I bet Jack loves having his mom by his side all the time.

Brittany and Scott said...

jeez i had no idea, i saw your face book post, but i obviously didn't get it. enjoy the time while you can.

emily j said...

I was just reading your blog and Kate pointed to the computer screen and said "Look mommy, it's Jack!!" So cute. I am excited for you and this new phase, and I can also relate to any shock you may have been experiencing about sudden life changes. I still wake up some mornings and think "what am I doing in Indiana??" I've been thinking about you, talk to you soon!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.