Monday, August 23, 2010

No longer a baby...

He's a toddler! We went to the Dr. for Jack's 18 month check up. I really like Jack's Dr. He does a great job and is very thorough. I came with a whole list of questions this time and he answered all of them, and really took his time to explain "what the books say" and what worked for his family. (He is a family friend, so I appreciate his practical input.)

This was especially nice as I hid the pacifier, but then caved and gave it to Jack the day he got his stitches out. He was 15 months old and I tried to hold out until we left the office. Dan didn't know that was part of my plan, and the Dr. said "it's ok, my kids were on it after a year too!" I think it's nice to know the ideal, but it's ok if the Dr. does it, right?

Now for the exciting stuff...
29 lbs, 33 1/2 inches tall and his head is still in the 97th percentile.

Jack spinning the Dr. chair!
Before shots...
And after shots (long after shots- you can see his 2 bandaids.) He had 3 shots total and was a TROOPER!!!
Jack and Dan sharing French Silk pie at our friend's house. Notice Jack's REALLY short hair. (Dan did it, while I was playing piano for a baptism Friday night. He really does look older, but looks younger too, all at the same time!)

And the last exciting part of our weekend- a work picnic. Jack and I played on the playground equipment most/all of the picnic. He was so tired by the end. We took a family picture and hit the road by about 5:30.
Jack fell asleep in the car, we moved him to his crib. Woke up at 6:30, I was hoping to eat and play a little, but he didn't make it much further than our bed (Dan and I were relaxing/thinking about a catnap.) 9:30 he was back to his crib and slept the night.
I wish I could do this all day today! Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

I LOVE the haircut. He looks so cute. It looks like he loves the doctor, not so bad. Some kids scream through the whole doctor's visit.

Brittany and Scott said...

love the haircut too!!!