Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Moments of Sweetness

We're almost there... the "Terrible Twos." Some might even say that we already are.
In between the training to make the next couple of months/year a little less painful, Jack surprises us with a whole lot of sweetness.

We spent an afternoon at my parents house- I needed to edit some pictures on a fancy program my dad has. Theoretically Jack was going to nap. We tried 3 bedrooms (3 beds, 2 places on the floor) and I gave up. I left Jack in this bed playing with his Mickey Mouse. I hid upstairs to get my work done, and I heard Jack go downstairs to talk to Grandma Cindy-I am listening...
J- "Where's Mama?"
G- "I think Mama is on Papa's computer."
J- "Where's Mama?"
G- "Mama is working on the computer."
This conversation ends and Jack goes back in the living room to play trains and that's the last I hear of him.

20 minutes later, I go downstairs to check on Jack. He is no where to be found. I ask my mom- she thought he went upstairs to find me.

Apparently he went upstairs to find a place to sleep. He couldn't get his blankets in the bed with him, they were in a pile on the floor just off the bed. My heart melted.

Sunday afternoon, watching football with dad.

And yet, another job I can't do while Jack is awake: Doing the dishes.

Today we picked up our Christmas gift from Sam's Club. Jack was jumping on all of the packages, I was a little nervous so we opened just one for him to run along. This kept him busy for at least 30 minutes (and tired him out for a wonderful N-A-P.)

I do love this little man. 2 weeks ago I would have said we are definitely in the "Terrible Twos" but things are looking up. Most of our days are filled with play, a little work, lots of talk, and tons of excitement. Let's hope this lasts!

1 comment:

emily j said...

So cute! Oh I wish we could have given you our mats. I hope the people who bought our house are actually using them.

If you check out my blog you'll see I actually got pictures up from your visit - finally!!!

Maybe if Jack has already started the terrible twos that means he'll be done early??? A couple of my kids didn't get bad until three. You just never know!