Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My Special Day

I had a birthday, Shout HOORAY!

I am not huge on birthdays, but it is nice to have a day to celebrate and do whatever I want to do, just because it is my birthday. I have it pretty good, so here's what made my day extra special...

Dan had an early job for work- we were up at 6:20 to make sandwiches and get him out the door. (I did not go back to bed)
I folded laundry, that was done 2 days before and did 4 more loads of laundry- folded and all!
I prepped food for dinner so I wouldn't be in a rush after piano lessons (Dan was in charge of steak, I made REAL mashed potatoes!)
Played with Jack- legos, trains, blocks, read books, anything he wanted!
Steak for dinner
Cheesecake and presents after dinner
An extra bonus: I "guggled" Jack as he dozed off in my arms

And that was my day. Jack did nap, I am pretty sure I folded more laundry during that time.
Dan called to check in on me, I chatted with family and friends, and ate lots of yummy treats!

Most people wouldn't really enjoy my kind of birthday, but it was one of my favorites! It felt so good to lay in bed, after a rewarding and productive day and sleep easy. I wouldn't have changed a thing. (And 3 days before Christmas, that's an accomplishment to do it all with NO STRESS!)

It was wonderful!

1 comment:

kris said...

Oh I am sorry I missed it!! I hope you had a great birthday and a wonderful Christmas.