Sunday, June 5, 2011

Nora's big day!

Today was Nora's special day! She was blessed at church and it was wonderful, she was awake and happy, and saved the meltdown for shortly after.
It's funny, because baby #1 gets all of this attention and the baby blessing is such a big deal. Today was very simple, just Grandpa & Grandma Wilson and Grandma Diane were there, Nora was in a beautiful dress, and honestly I just felt happy that it was done. Maybe because Jack was blessed at 6 weeks, everything was so new, the Sunday we picked to have him blessed was a huge meeting where wards were split & Papa Russ was released as bishop, I don't know. Today was special, but not nearly as much hoopla. (good or bad? I don't know.)


Either way, we love her and she is so beautiful! She is 10 weeks old now and is a very happy baby (most of the time... if I stick to the routine.) She smiles a lot, and loves to look at me. She also loves to talk and make happy noises. I love having her around, and even when she is a little more high-maintenance, I don't mind the extra snuggle time.

5 comments:

Kim Cannon said...

I love the new family picture! The blessing was wonderful and Nora looked beatiful!

The Gray Gang said...

Sounds similar to our blessing experiences. Nora looks beautiful and I love your new family picture!

Hatch Family said...

Sounds like a perfect day, wish we could have been there. Miss you guys. Talk to you soon.

emily j said...

Oh she is the cutest thing ever!! I wish we had been there :( And it is crazy to hear you talk about Jack's blessing - it seems like just yesterday, doesn't it? Miss you tons.

Cami and Juan said...

She looks so perfect. How precious. I'm happy she had a low key day, those days are always nice too.