Friday, December 9, 2011

just for today... woe is me!

Here we are... Dec 9th.

Let me tell you how my December is going...

Dan got the flu/food poisoning. The after crummy feeling lasted a week.
While his illness was lingering, Jack and Nora both came down with something nasty.
Jack had a fever 5 afternoons & nights in a row, 102-103*
Nora had goopy eyes, but was very happy.
I took both kids in- Jack had a virus (and it was nasty) and Nora had ear infections/eye infections.
At this point, my sister who knew my life was rough for the moment sent me beautiful flowers. That was very thoughtful- made me smile and kept me going the next couple days as things went downhill...


The antibiotic wasn't working, so we took Nora in again and got drops to go with the antibiotic.
---Dan leaves for work training---
Monday night we spent the night at Grandma & Papa's for something fun/different. After talking to dad on the phone, Jack pulled the kitchen table bench out and it fell on his foot. Straight across the top.
That night was miserable- we went to the Dr. the next morning, got x-rays, saw the Dr. again, and then saw the orthopedic doctor because all 5 metatarsels had fractures. ALL FIVE. (I bet you don't see that every day, should we be proud?)

the damage

the happy patient

I thought he would be getting a cast, and to get him to be a trooper I told him all about the green cast/boot he would get at the Dr. He was so excited, so when the Doctor said we could have a boot (because we were getting ready to travel and it would still let him swim and take a bath) He was incredibly disappointed it wasn't green.

So to simplify my life, I took Nora to a family friend Doctor to double check her ears before we got on a plane and we decided to up her antibiotic. Thank goodness, she is back to her fun, cute self.

So, with hours to spare, Jack decided to start walking and doing some things for himself and I packed and cleaned, and watched kids, all so we could leave town for a vacation of our own.

so these have been my sleeping arrangements- we spent every night at Grandma & Papa's because I was on my own. It was comforting to know I have back-up if I needed it.

One of the many get-well notes/gifts for our trooper
notice he is building a snowman with his "disassembled snowman" pieces

Oh, and before all of this, Jack and I had the stomach flu the week of Thanksgiving. AWESOME!

We can't forget the princess. She is climbing on everything, but getting much sturdier so I don't have to be on the floor at the same time, watching her like a hawk.

She loves bags, buckles, straps, paper, anything that she shouldn't have.
And really wishes she could play with Jack's glasses. She got his hat while he was napping the other day and that seemed to suffice.

And Jack LOVES to play the violin. He asks for ABCs and Twinkle Twinkle (they are the same) and we are working on a Christmas favorite. Stay tuned. :)


Here's to putting the last 10 days behind us, and moving on to a WONDERFUL, HAPPY, HEALTHY and SAFE Holiday Season!


5 comments:

Josh Brown said...

wow, that sounds rough. It sounds like you handled-are handling-it all super great!

Josh Brown said...

oops, that was megan, not josh-didn't know he was signed in :)

Melissa said...

The violin playing is impressive. I hope your vacation goes much better than the week did! Cute picture of the kids in bed, their body positions and arms mimic each other.

kris said...

oh no! I hope you are all done with being sick for a long time. And I love the violin. That is awesome.

Cami and Juan said...

Gross. It seems like with 2 little kids, you just can't help sicknesses spreading to everyone in the family. At least it's all out of your systems right before Christmas!