Saturday, April 4, 2009

I wish someone would have told me...

Nap when your baby is sleeping... because at some point HE WON'T NAP!!! What does a mom do??? I figure out a way to do everything with him strapped to me, in the swing, in the bouncer or just lying around. This gets tiring day in and day out-especially when it should not be too much to ask! Just 1 hour- that's all I ask!

If anyone has a magic secret to getting baby Jack to nap, please share. I am getting desperate! I have resorted to snuggling him until he falls asleep and then I lay him down, and that only lasts 15 minutes. My days are becoming very unproductive...

But then I start to think... Should I complain???
I have had 3 nights in a row with a 7+ hour stretch.

(I should have posted this on Saturday when I wrote it... Things always change.)

2 comments:

Jen I said...

7 hour stretch is great! But I got a swing and as soon as the kids would make a peep I'd throw them in the swing and leave them and often they would fall back asleep. I had the swings in their rooms though so they weren't distracted by everything going on. Or I'd just put them in the swings to nap. Or they'd take a bad nap and as soon as they'd wake up I'd hurry and snuggle them on my chest and sometimes they'd go back to sleep that way and I would too.

Titensor Family said...

maralee i am worried it grease spatted from that burner!! just kidding