Sunday, April 19, 2009

On the road...

Here is just a little update...

Dan went to the Brewers Home Opener, and Grandma Diane bought baby Jack some Brewers Onesies- In honor of the very exciting day (no- Jack did NOT go) Jack wore his outfit to match Dan. :)
A week later...
Jack went for his 2 month Dr. Appointment. He weighed in at a WHOPPING 13 lbs!!! and he is 24 inches long. He had his 2 month shots and he did great- I think I expected a lot worse, so it was really not to bad at all. He maybe cried a minute, and then was ready to go. They offered for me to nurse him afterward, if he wanted/needed it but he was great!

We had a deadline... On the road to Utah for Manda's wedding! We wanted to leave by noon.

21 hour drive (+ 2 hours for the minor detour in Wyoming- snow storm) and Jack did great. Dan did not take the ride with us, but he is meeting us in Utah and will enjoy the 21 hour ride home with us.

We only had to make 3 unnecessary stops along the way, Jack got to sleep with me in the hotel, and when we finally made it to Utah we scored some Cafe Rio before heading to Miriam's house in Provo.For other exciting news.. we have officially cleaned out our 0-3 month clothes (he never wore newborn) and are on to 3-6 month clothes.Also- I think Jack is discovering his hands. I catch him playing with the back of his head, his ears, and...

5 comments:

Jen I said...

Check out that belly! What percentile was that? He's going to be like our little fatties! And - Manda's wedding??! Wow! Congrats to her!

H. said...

Healthy baby! And oh, so cute. I tell you, if we go to the 4-kiddo world, I will put all the blame on how cute and sweet Jack is! He is just too tempting! Glad your trip there was good, and hope you all have a wonderful time. (Have some Cafe Rio for me, okay?)

Julaine said...

That is a good size belly!! Good to hear you made the long journey, and it wasn't so bad. Ah, the hands. I don't want Addison to be a thumb sucker but I don't know how well i'm winning with that. Have fun at the wedding!

Brittany and Scott said...

how exciting; our babies weigh the same and are the same length. so glad that jack was a good traveler or that could have been a LONG 21 hour car trip. have a great time in utah!! i can't even believe that manda is now married; can't wait to see pics!!

sylvia said...

looks like he's a healthy boy! Jack is so sweet. I think he looks a lot like you. Hope all is well!