Thursday, February 25, 2010

First words...

I think we have figured out what Jack's first word is... "ball" On many occasions, we give him a ball or show him one and he says it with no prep at all! I love it! (Mama or dada would have been nice, but this is something very concrete so it makes sense. He still says mama & dada, whether or not he knows who we are is still up for debate.)

When this began, I decided I can't say "balls" to refer to private parts- I used to say things like "Are you playing with your b****" when he was in the bathtub or when I change a diaper, but I have now resigned to using correct terminology, which is better anyway. Let's hope he's not the weirdo 4 year old saying p**** to all of the other little boys.

And a couple pictures from our exciting life...

Our good friends are moving to Oklahoma, and we went to their house one last time just to hang out. Jack LOVED this chair, he crawled right in! (Dan held the back so it wouldn't rock on him.)

And of course, stairs. He is getting pretty good at them! At first it was just the 2 stairs at grandma & grandpas, now it's the set of 8 stairs- he's quite a pro!

I almost forgot- We went to the Dr. for our 12 month check up last Friday...

I have never been SO disorganized for a doctors appointment, so I was really frazzled and just not myself. We were late because I was at a presidency meeting for my new calling at church (no more Young Womens for me! I am in primary!) Then, I forgot my planner at home with our daycare form in it! AND once we get there we ask the nice nurse (who is Auntie Katie's friend) if they have a back-up blank daycare form, she hooks us up, and then she asks for our orange book to record all of his stats and info in. AND OF COURSE I didn't have that. That's because I've been to the Dr. with Jack literally 8 times SINCE our 9 month appointment so I haven't needed it. They hooked me up for that too! Not my finest moments.

Height 29 1/2 inches (50%)
Weight 24 lbs 12 oz (75%)
Head 97%

Healthy!



We tried to get a nice picture before the checkup, the shots, everything, but Jack is too entertained by the paper. Oh well! We did get 4 shots- 2 in each arm + a finger prick for lead and he did pretty good. My song of choice to sing as he got his bandaids on "The babies on the bus go 'wah, wah, wah'" I guess that was a little humorous.

Lucky for us, Dan got to come with us and then we enjoyed lunch at Culver's afterward.
Jack likes ice cream, what can we say! (We tried to get his "Gremlin" laugh on camera- maybe one of these days, before it disappears...)




As far as life goes, we seem to be surviving! One day at a time!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

What can you say? He's all boy! :)

kris said...

so glad to hear he is healthy and I think ball is a good first word-my brothers would be proud of that.

emily j said...

Kate's first word was ball too! Do you think that means she'll be a tomboy???

Brittany and Scott said...

24 lbs, so have you turned jack's car seat around yet?