Tuesday, August 17, 2010

SLEEP NEEDED!!!

Happy Tuesday! I am home, laying in bed, blogging before I take a much needed NAP! We took away the pacifier last weekend, cold turkey, and Jack is doing great 90% of the time. The only thing that is NOT going so well is the middle of the night stirring/fits/hysterics (thankfully, usually only 1 huge episode a night). Last night was not so bad so Dan and I both got a decent nights sleep. Aaaahhh! I felt much better this morning. Hopefully we are on the upswing!

A couple of funny stories-
Jack is making all kinds of associations. We went to McDonalds for an ice cream cone. There was a white AT&T van parked in the parking lot- Jack points to it and says "Dada." (It looks similar to Dan's work van. Trucks tend to be "Papa.") Saturday Morning, Jack and I were sleeping in the 2nd bedroom and Jack did the same when Dan blew his nose AND when his alarm clock went off in the morning.

He also is seeing similarities... We have a photo-mosaic poster of YODA in our family room. Jack points to it on Sunday night and says "Papa." I kindly correct him, "no, YODA." The Jesus on our piano also has gotten a "Papa" or two. We are teaching him "Jesus" so there is no mistaking. :)

Jack LOVES to help. He puts things in the garbage, helps to clean up (sometimes), but my favorite helping jobs are with me in the basement. He put water bottles in the refrigerator door and helps me move laundry from the washer to the dryer, or empties the dryer into a laundry basket. I got a great video of this, but I will save you the boredom.

A couple of fun activities from our weekend of no pacifier.

We made cookies together- they were delicious (but probably not germ free-thanks to Jack)

One of Jack's great ensembles- Dan's shoes, PJs, and a different pair of PJs on his head.

Pancakes for breakfast- we tried Peanut butter on one, syrup on another, but he liked the plain one the best.
A swim diaper on his head- he likes to play with our sliding doors!
Just having fun!

Dinner last night

Jack also went to Nursery for the FIRST TIME at church. He did pretty good (he fell asleep during Sacrament Meeting so he was a little out of sorts when he first when in, Dan stayed with him.) After Dan left he did great! Dan picked him up too- I just wanted him to be able to tell me everything he did, instead I had a happy kid! I'm alright with that!

4 comments:

Chase said...

Jake is getting all grown up! Nice to have such a great helper too. We cannot wait for Sadie to go to nursery, that day can't come soon enough!

Cami and Juan said...

Jack is looking taller! He looks like a big boy in the kitchenaid mixer picture. He is so much fun.

Julaine said...

Ah, nursery is a joy! Jack does some pretty funny things. Good luck with the sleep tonight.

Brittany and Scott said...

ditto to cami, jack does look really tall. hope you are hanging in there . . . . i read your emotional wreck post. hugs!!