Tuesday, August 3, 2010

We love love love...

all of Jack's tricks! He is a smart kid and has really started "talking" the past couple of weeks. He is always surprising us with what he can say and do!

A couple of our favorites...

We're sitting at dinner time- Dan and I fold our arms and start to pray. Jack folds his arms and watches us. Us: "Amen" Jack: "Namen" Us: "WHAT??? (confused look, let's try again...) "Amen" Jack: "Namen" This went on for at least 5 times. Does he say it on his own, no. But soon he will!!!

Dinner at Grandma & Grandpas- He is very off schedule this last weekend so he is just a wild monster! We eat dinner, and Jack is a little antsy, wanting to get out of his chair. I say "Are you all done" and shake my hands (I think that is the sign language for all done- if it's not the real thing, it's our sign language.) He shakes his hands "Ah done." With that, how can you not take him out of his chair and let him play, even though his dinner did not last all that long.

Last night, we finish dinner and Jack is really tired. He needed a bath, and so between his tired cries I say "let's go to the bathtub." He follows me, and on the way says "bath tub, bath tub, bath tub." LOVE IT! In the bathtub he practices dumping cups of water on his head to rinse out the shampoo- he doesn't like when I do it, but he loves to do it himself!

Last story... I promise! Last week we were playing at grandma & grandpas. It was time to go. We said goodbye to grandpa, and I told Jack "we have to say goodbye to Grandma." Jack (knowing that Grandma just walked upstairs) goes to the bottom of the stairs and says "Grana." It was so cute.

That's our fun lately! My new phrase I am going to teach him is "Love you". Wish us luck!

We went to the grocery store- opened the marshmallows while we were there to keep Jack happy- I hate doing that but oh well! He brings them in the house and I put groceries away. I come back to this- he is saying "uh oh, uh oh, uh oh." It was great!!!

He is back to loving his rocking chair and reading books. This was him getting ready for church. Yes the Toy Story milk cup is a nice touch. :)

Playing with the plastic containers at Grandma and Grandpas.

I love to see his excitement for life. We got home a little late tonight from a friends house, and Dan & I just tickled Jack, and tickled him. Jack tries to do "zerberts" back to us, but he's not quite there yet. I just love being his mom!

4 comments:

kris said...

what a cutie! he looks so grown up in his church outfit.

Brittany and Scott said...

i think this is my favorite stage so far. are you so excited for jack to go to nursery?!?! this sunday will be jackson's first day without me!!! sounds like you guys have been busy, are you ready for school to start again?

Cami and Juan said...

Sounds like the best age where he just surprises you with new things he picks up each day. I can't wait.

H. said...

That is so much fun! I can't believe he's already talking? Wasn't that kiddo just born? It seems like it to me. They just grow so fast!