Thursday, January 27, 2011

Go Pack Go!



So the Packer's are going to the SUPER BOWL! This is a big deal in our house.

I know I said that Jack and I flew home from CA during the Packer Play-off Game. I failed to mention that Dan would not come get us from the airport. My parents are in town, so he knew I had other options, but I guess that tells you where his priorities lie...

Last Sunday we watched the game at our house again. I asked Dan Sunday morning early (before his 7:30 AM church meetings...) if it would be bad if I put a collared shirt on Jack and his Packer t-shirt over it. He said, why not.

So yes, that was my child in his very "Sunday church-dress" Packer shirt.

I tell myself that I am personally responsible for the Packer's going to the SUPER BOWL. Let me tell you why...

1) Jack has a very cute Packer's sweatsuit. He has worn it every packer game this season. I have been in my Packer's Gear, and of course Dan too. I have yet to take a family picture-which is what you do when you all dress alike. So- because I am a slacker and haven't taken the picture yet, they keep winning so we can take that family picture.

2) I made a Packer's blanket for Dan, for Christmas. Well, at least I bought the fabric before Christmas. I finished the sewing just before the last Packer's game, but I told Dan that I wasn't going to do the finishing touches until after they played. I didn't want to jinx them (same as the family picture- unfinished business, if I finished it then they wouldn't have to win.)

3) There has to be a #3, but I can't think of it right now. Maybe because I actually am following a little football this year, have enjoyed a game or two when Jack takes his Sunday nap, or just because I really like football snacks. Maybe I am just a really good wife and wished for this, so that Dan would be very happy-which he is.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
And of course, our happy kid. All bundled up to play in the snow with friends. :)


Funny story: Today we were watching "Trains" and I had 2 magazines in my lap. A Lamaze Magazine, just to start thinking about having this baby, and a magazine with tons of chocolate cake recipes, big pictures... mmmmm. Jack wanted to read the Lamaze magazine, I tried both of the other options but he knew what he wanted. Very strange.

1 comment:

The Gray Gang said...

Maybe Jack wants to be your birthing coach!? I've heard of weirder things! :)