Wednesday, September 7, 2011

One day at a time...

I need a vacation. Don't get me wrong- I love being a mom- but sometimes it's a lot of work, with little reward, and no matter how much you prepare & plan, things just don't go my way. Some days I just would love for life to work out in my favor.

I'm sure we all feel like that sometimes...

At our house, we have sleeping problems. Besides still being up with Nora, once maybe twice a night, her favorite place to sleep during the day is in my bed sideways. That is the only place I have gotten her to nap more than 45 min. at a time in the past month. Some nights I even let her fall asleep there just to make my life easier.

Jack- well he wants to sleep on his floor. The greatest was when Jack came out of his room and dragged a pillow and his Mickey Mouse blanket all the way to the kitchen floor and made a bed there. I was making phonecalls and doing paperwork at the kitchen table. what a homer! at least he is sleeping. :)
Other things that cause me headaches- FRUIT FLIES, cleaning, pens that go through the laundry, naptimes, and the ever recurring scheduling malfunctions (it seems I like to schedule too much in too little time.)

On the plus side...

Nora and Jack are becoming best friends. I love that! They play together, and Nora just loves to watch him run around and be crazy. He definitely gets the best giggles out of her.


Oh- Nora has 2 teeth! Jack was 7 1/2 months old, so when these babies popped through at 5 months, I was less than thrilled!
Also- Nora should be eating rice cereal by now. I have been trying every day for the past 3 weeks, and she still can't figure it out!
But her smile makes it all worth it.

1 comment:

Cami and Juan said...

At least she is enjoying her rice cereal moments. I love that they crack each other up. She is getting into a funner age.