Wednesday, March 21, 2012

TYPE A

That's me. Many see that as a negative label, but I don't mind and am kind of proud of some of my TYPE A personality traits. being organized, in control/controlling, proactive are just some of the positives.

Our latest task at hand- Jack is wearing an eye patch for 2 hours each day to help strengthen his weaker eye. Yes, he still wears glasses and that corrects his eye-crossing for focus, but the patch will help there be no residual crossing due to one eye being "lazy" or weaker than the other.

The Dr. prescribed this last Friday, and I had to determine how we were going to make this happen. I was not thrilled with my kid being "that kid with the weird patch on his eye" so I had to get geared up for this too. We decided to start on Monday.

After all of the effort, the hype, the pirate storybooks and tv show, Monday was not so great- we got it on for only 30 min. after pain and suffering on both of our parts, but by Tuesday it was smooth sailing. Yes, it's only been 3 days, but he is ready & excited for tomorrow already!


He has a fire truck or racecar patch to choose from. And his pirate chart for the week.


See, the weird kid with the patch is still SUPER CUTE!

5 comments:

Hatch Family said...

He is so cute. I am glad he is wearing it and not fighting it anymore. The pirate thing was a great idea.

The Gray Gang said...

Genius idea with the pirates. He is adorable!!

kris said...

I had to wear one when I was little. Trust me, he will thank you when he is older for making him wear it.

sylvia said...

Awww he is really cute. I love that his hat is part of his daily wardrobe.

Manda said...

Jack you are super cute! :) and those are super cool patches. we can't wait to play with you so soon! happy first bday Nora!