Monday, June 28, 2010

Here, There and Everywhere

It seems like every time we turn around, there is something fun and exciting to do- whether we are out and about, at a friend's house or at home.

A couple of highlights- Last week Jack and I got to hang out at school. My friend Betsy (the singer) had some GIGANTIC marshmallows that she was chucking at her kids, and me, earlier in the morning. Well- Jack had a special giant size marshmallow for snack. (HUGE marshmallows, not just your normal big marshmallows.)



At school the kids have "Water Play Day" once a week. We have yet to get Jack to wear water shoes or sandals without socks- so we decided to give it a try in the sprinkler. He loved the sprinkler and even wore his shoes without socks.


In case you wonder why I "torture" my child with a hat all the time- I guess the scarring will be worse on his head if it get's sunburned. So we keep it sun screened & wear a hat, just to be extra cautious. Jack loves it, even if there is a little bit if special maneuvering when playing in the water. (He did figure it out later...)

Laundry day may be Jack's favorite day of the week! He loves to crawl over neatly folded clothes and he picks out his favorite piece and insists on wearing it over his head, around his neck or even on. This is Dan's Hawaiian shirt that he just had to wear- awesome fashion sense. He is kind of attached to Hawaiian shirts- just like his Papa Russ. :)

And as a special surprise, Grandma Cindy filled the kid pool for Jack. The water was cold but HE LOVED IT!



He couldn't get over just wearing is swim trunks-no diaper. (I am too cheap to put him in a swimming diaper every time we get wet. We just clean out the water after every use. It's like an outdoor bathtub!)

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

What a cute kid! So I gave Matt the game and so once he knows his schedule, we'll have to plan a game night with you guys! Also, I actually just wash and dry swim diapers like normal clothes and they last for a LONG time...because I'm cheap too! :)

Melissa said...

He is so funny! I love his jibber jabber. Thanks for sharing I can't get enough of him :)

Julaine said...

Kids are the only people to let water get thrown in their face several times and still have fun. Too cute!

Brittany and Scott said...

i only wish that jackson would wear a hat.