Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A time for rest...

We have had a BUSY BUSY couple of weeks. From Dan's family reunion and playing with the Boston's, to the Wilson sisters staggering in one at a time, and leaving one at a time, it has been about 2 weeks of CRAZY FUN!!! We are exhausted! (Oh- don't forget Dan working LOTS of hours helping people recover from the rain- he's still working 12 hour+ days.)

A couple of pictures- highlights. (My camera was not out all the time, so I'm sure I'll get my hands on some of my sister's pictures too.)

The weekend in a nutshell:
Wednesday-Sadie comes to town and we play play play!

Thursday the rains came. Dan & I went to visit friends at the hospital- they welcomed their 4th baby! While we were there we got shooed to the hallway because of all of the warnings. Dan gets a call that one of the work vans has a flat tire and they needed a tow truck. So Dan is in limbo all night waiting to see when he needs to go get his guys.
This is the only night where all 6 girls, 5 husbands, Grandma & Grandpa, and all 5 grandkids are going to be together- so by the time we are all there (minus the rain drama) we take family pictures sometime after 10 PM (I'll get my hands on some of these pictures for sure.) After pictures, dinner, play, we go home to find water in half of our basement. :( We start cleaning up the mess.

Friday- Noah's Ark! Everyone makes it, Dan & I are supposed to stay in the Dells with some friends for the weekend, but because of the rain we decide to come home so Dan can work.

Saturday- Dan works all day, I recover at our house and then we go to the lake house with the family. We went on the boat and played in the house- the kids loved it!

Sunday- BIG FAMILY PARTY with some of our cousins. My camera died by then, but we had the moon-walk, kids pool, volleyball, great food, lots of people to talk with, and of course our little monster causing trouble.

We love our life, but we also love the calm after the storm.










2 jobs I cannot do while Jack is awake: sweep and vacuum- he just wants to HELP!!!




Jack loves to smile for pictures. People ask if now that he's walking, if he has thinned out at all. Sometimes I think so, but then I get a nice picture like this, belly and all!

1 comment:

Manda Sue said...

haha. yea he's is still a big tummy boy. such a cutie and so fun to play with. we had so much fun with you guys!! sad it had to end. hope to see you soon. thx for all the pics!!