Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I jinxed myself...

Great ER experience, great Monday baseball game, busy and very FUN WEEK! Friday we got Jack's stitches out- Dan was able to go with us too!-and things were "looking good." I was being very good about neosporin, wearing a hat, sunscreen etc.



A ditsy moment... Our pictures have been very bright (with a flash)/kind of fuzzy. I didn't know what was wrong. I tried to take pictures of Jack's stitches, and they were really fuzzy so I tried some different settings. Nothing was wrong with the settings, there was some smudge on the camera lens. he he...



Dan left town on Saturday. I slept at my parents house on Saturday night and Sunday morning we were loading the car to run home for a moment and run out to Brookfield before church. Something happened-I don't know what exactly, but Jack started crying and I turned around. He wasn't near the car, and didn't fall, but his head was dripping blood and his whole wound had reopened. BUMMER!

I called my parents- they were both at different church meetings so they couldn't really help, so I was totally alone. THAT DOESN'T HAPPEN TO ME, EVER! So, I walked up to my parent's neighbor (my pediatrician) and he took a look. Called in a favor to the on-call Dr. and Jack was taped up in no time! (We just had to go to the office, not the ER! Thank goodness!)

What an excellent start to a long weekend without Dan.

A couple of highlights-
Papa Russ made Jack pancakes for breakfast!
Grandma Cindy's Chili (that Jack LOVES, but as soon as I turned on the camera he started to play! STINKER!)


Papa Russ's new shop opened in January, and they had a big celebration/Open House that we got to help with and then attend (yummy food!)


And the best highlight of all... Dan was coming home on Wednesday, but Tuesday night (Wed morning 4 AM) I got a phonecall from Dan. He was 10 minutes away from home! I was so excited! (I guess I had 10 minutes to move Jack back to his crib.)

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I saw your mom and Jack at church last Sun...and she filled me in on what happened. OH MY!! How sad...poor little guy. Luckily you had all your family around. I've only had stitches incident once with Alton, and I was alone...scary!

I'd love to do a GNO...anytime!

Julaine said...

What are the odds, seriously? He's a stuff kid, all those smiles I don't think it phases him at all. Do you let Jack regularly sleep with you? I don't know how you do it, I dread the nights when I bring Addison into bed which usually isn't very long but more than one toss and turn is enough!

Brittany and Scott said...

your poor jack!!! is he sleeping through the night yet? hope you saved a little bit of time to play with jackson and i; we leave tomorrow!!

Manda Sue said...

haha. these pic are so cute. those pancakes dad labeled with the date. so dad... :) sad to hear jacks wound opened back up. sorry i didnt chat with ya much yesterday but we should soon. i bet you are so glad to have dan back home. man thats a long time he was gone. enjoy your weekend!! love ya