Wednesday, May 5, 2010

A Picnic in the Park

Wisconsin weather is beautiful! Springtime is my favorite time of year and I LOVE watching the leaves fill in. I am constantly reminded of the song "For the Beauty of the Earth" and sing it in my head as I'm walking to and from the car, mowing the lawn, or playing outside with Jack.

Last weekend we met up with some friends for a Saturday evening picnic. It was so beautiful and we had a great time (even Dan had a good time throwing a frisbee with a friend and of course the delicious food!)


Sadly there isn't much more to celebrate than that- Jack was sick with "roseola" over the weekend (the contagious period is actually 5-10 days before you show signs of it, so right when we are in Utah. Wisconsin friends-you are SAFE!) I took him to see Dr. Dan on Monday because of his rash- luckily that is the last symptom and means that the fever is over-thank goodness!

We are back to school and just enjoying our nights together. We can't wait for another fun weekend ahead! Either fishing with Dad or Jack's first trip to the zoo- we'll see what's in store!

3 comments:

Cami and Juan said...

Uh what about Utah friends? Glad he's feeling better. And I hope he didn't 'share' it.

The Bostons said...

I was worried about you Utah people... I called the "toddlers" that he actually played closely with, but when we came to visit you and Amelia he didn't even come close (I know he played with her toys though)- so I was writing it off as "safe." Sorry!!! But I did think about you and your baby!
If she does get sick I AM VERY VERY SORRY!
That's what is so hard about kids- they are contagious before they even show signs that they are sick. :(

Cami and Juan said...

You're right, he didn't come close. I'm sure we're fine. She's not even playing with toys yet, haha.