Friday, June 12, 2009

Sacrifices

I remember from an old Sunday School lesson that a sacrifice is giving up something good, for something better. It took me only 5 days to figure this one out, but it is a sacrifice I have come to live with!

Last Friday was a busy night, and Saturday I was extra tired. So I enjoyed a good old caffeinated PEPSI Saturday afternoon. Then Jack was awake during the night and I had another PEPSI on Sunday. This continued until Wednesday... Me enjoying a PEPSI, baby Jack awake during the night.
(You should know I do not drink PEPSI for the caffeine. I just LOVE carbonation and it is the only soda I really love. I think of it as a motivator for when I have had a long night or a long morning, it is a great reward!!!)

On Wednesday I decided to skip the PEPSI, and Jack was back to sleeping the night. Thursday night too!

So, do I want that delicious, cold, mouthwatering PEPSI or a good night's rest for Jack and Me??? I think the sleep wins out!

3 comments:

Brittany and Scott said...

what a bummer that jack is getting the pepsi buzz because sometimes you just need a pepsi. are you done with school for the summer or do you do a summer program too?

H. said...

I love your picture on the top of your blog! Did I already tell you? You are such a great-looking family.

Hey, I think we'll have to pass on Friday. I don't think games are going to work out. We'll catch you in July when everybody's back, okay?

And I had to laugh at some of Dan's sleepy comments. Those are great!

Natalie said...

Oh Maralee...that is a sacrifice! I'm a huge diet pepsi fanatic....luckily I haven't noticed too much effect on Nila (at least I think..hmmm).